Emergency & Critical Care
We offer Emergency and Critical Care Services 365 days a year. Small animal emergency doctors are available to treat your pet’s emergency from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. ever day. We understand that pet emergencies are stressful; our experienced team is here to provide you with knowledgeable, ethical and compassionate care. To help us best prepare for your emergency, please call the clinic before you arrive.
Consider having your pet evaluated by our emergency service team if your veterinarian is not available or if your pet is presenting any of the following symptoms:
- Breathing difficulty, coughing
- Weakness or collapse episodes
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Inability to urinate
- Exposed to trauma
- Exposed to toxins
- Eye issues
Veterinarians, please feel free to call us to discuss possible referral cases. We highly value any information about your patient that you can provide. Working together, we have higher chances to be successful in the treatment.
Small Animal Emergency & Critical Care Services
- Experienced doctors and veterinary nurses closely assist and monitor our patients 24 hours per day.
- For patients in respiratory distress, we are able to offer climate-controlled oxygen cages.
- For patients in respiratory failure, we can provide mechanical ventilation.
- All critically ill patients will be continuously monitored via patient telemetry (heart monitoring) units, invasive or non-invasive blood pressure monitoring and pulse oximetry.
- We have comfortable accommodations for all sizes of animals, including large and giant breed dogs.
- There is a separate feline ICU room to provide less stress during hospitalization.
- Quiet-room for patients recovering from anesthesia or noise-sensitive patients
- Blood products available for needed transfusions
- Procedures such as therapeutic and diagnostic thoracocentesis, therapeutic and diagnostic abdominocentesis, chest tube placement, temporary tracheostomy, indwelling urinary catheter placement are also performed by the Emergency and Critical Care Service
Kirkpatrick Foundation Small Animal Critical Care Unit
Using all private donations, with a lead gift from the Kirkpatrick Foundation, the small animal critical care unit was completely renovated in 2009. The unit is staffed 24/7, 365 days a year to care for critically ill or injured small animals. We know when your pet is critically ill or has been injured, it can be extremely stressful for the pet owner. Our goal and mission is provide the patient the ultimate in critical care treatment and to extend to the pet owner compassionate understanding and medical advice during this stressful time.
Large Animal Emergency Services
Large animal emergency services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Please call before arriving so we can best prepare for your animal.